Best Bondi Sands Self-Tanning Products Review
If there’s one brand that’s synonymous with having a deep, tropical, year-long tan, it’s none other than Bondi Sands. The Australian-born company has taken the beauty industry by storm with its line of their Bondi Sands self-tanning products including foams, oils, and lotions, delivering a sun-kissed tan that is so deep and natural, people will think you’ve just returned from a beach vacation.
Best Bondi Sands Self-Tanning Products
Bondi Sands understands that everyone’s tanning journey is unique, which is why they offer a wide array of self-tanning products to suit different preferences and skin types. Whether you’re a fan of foams or oils, their range has got you covered. Here are the top-rated, most popular Bondi Sands self-tanners.
The Bondi Sands Liquid Gold Self Tanning Foam is an effortless and lightweight tanner enriched with nourishing ingredients like argon oil, delivering a flawless finish with ease. It’s a great self-tanner for beginners as results are a very natural, subtle, golden tan.
- Natural, golden tan
- Quick-drying and non-greasy
- Results last 4-5 days
Based on the experiences of various users on social media, the Bondi Sands Liquid Gold Self Tanning Foam has left an impressive mark. Its smooth application and natural results make it a top choice for all, including beginners. The subtle coconut scent adds a nice touch and masks the typical self-tan scent found in other products, earning it high marks in that department.
Its quick-dry formula completely dries within 10-20 minutes so you can throw your clothes on and run some errands while you get your tan on. The color fully develops within 5-6 hours, resulting to a deep, golden (non-orange) tan. You’ll have a visible tan, but not one that’s shockingly dark.
For those with fair complexions seeking a natural glow rather than a dark, beachy tan, you may want to apply the tanner for only 1-3 hours for a radiant but not overly tanned look. On the other hand, if you’re fair skin and want to get really dark, it may take a few applications to get the color you desire.
The Aero Self-Tanning Foam delivers a weightless, salon-quality tan, in its signature coconut scent. It’s infused with Vitamin E and Jojoba, which hydrates and nourishes the skin resulting in a longer lasting tan. The Ultra Dark shade is their darkest self-tanner in their whole line and gives you a deep, olive glow.
- Lightweight and easy-to-apply
- Dark, natural, olive tan
- Results last 5-7 days
According to users in make-up communities and social media, if you’re looking to get very dark fast, Bondi Sands Aero Self-Tanning Foam is a top go-to self-tanner. The main standout features that stand out seem to be its deep dark tan and its quick-drying nature. Results will give you a deep-olive tan opposed to an orange shade. It does apply with a greenish tint, but don’t worry, your skin won’t be green!
Complete beginners to seasoned tan technicians have all highlight its ease-of-application that won’t leave you with streaks or patches. The foam is very forgiving and will give you a deep, natural-looking, even tan.
But like we said earlier, this self-tanner is pretty dark. If you are more fair skin it may be best to start with the lighter/medium shade and gradually build up to darker shades.
Designed to provide an enviable bronzed glow with a shimmering finish, Bondi Sands Liquid Gold Self-Tanning Dry Oil is quick activating, dry oil self-tanner. It’s enriched with argan oil to leave skin moisturized and features a spray nozzle for mess-free application, leaving you with perfectly bronzed skin.
- Touch dry within seconds
- Develops over 2 – 3 hours and lasts 5-7 days
- Requires no wash off
Bondi Sands Liquid Gold Self-Tanning Dry Oil has easy spray application that goes on evenly and quickly dries. It contains a subtle, fruity coconut scent that doesn’t smell like usual sunless tanners, making wearing it under clothes a non-issue. The results are a natural, bronze glow that’s not too dark or patchy. It seems to do a better job not over-saturating dryer areas like your knees and elbows.
Many users say it’s even easier to apply and has more even results than Bondi’s foam self-tanners, although their foam tanners seem to be more potent. The dry oil tanner is perfect for those who want a subtle glow a few shades darker but nothing too dramatic. The color is easily build-able but those with fair skin should wait a few days after the first layer to assess whether they want to go darker.
This Bondi Sands self-tanning dry oil is great for beginners and those who want a light tan with quick results.
If you’re looking for more of a gradual tan building lotion rather than a self-tanner, you may be more interested in the popular Bondi Sands Everyday Gradual Tanning Milk. This innovative self-tanning milk is enriched with nourishing argan oil and aloe vera, ensuring not only a gradual and natural-looking tan but also a deeply moisturized skin. The lightweight formula glides effortlessly, absorbing quickly without any greasy residue, leaving you with a perfectly bronzed complexion all year round.
- 24-hour hydrating body moisturizer
- Cocoa butter scent
- Tan develops within 1-3 applications
The Bondi Sands Everyday Gradual Tanning Milk is a top-selling, fav’ for those looking to gradually build a light tan with a daily moisturizer. Like most gradual tan building lotions, results are subtle but still noticeable, giving you a sun-kissed glow a 2-3 shades darker than your natural skin tone. Many claim it’s comparable to but slightly better than the popular Jergan’s gradual tan building lotion.
You should start to see your tan develop quickly with just a few applications. Once you’ve reached your desired shade, you can take a break and reapply once it starts fading, or you can still use the product as a daily moisturizer, maintaining the color without having to worry about going too dark.
The Bondi Sands Everyday Gradual Tanning Milk is great for beginners and those looking for an easy, gradual tan with a fuss-free application. Since it’s a gradual building tanner, you won’t have to worry about streaks or patchiness, although it is recommended to make sure you exfoliate well before application, go a bit lighter near your wrists, ankles, and feet, and to wash your hands after usage.
Tips For Applying Self-Tanner
Applying self-tanner can be a great way to achieve a sun-kissed glow without exposing your skin to harmful UV rays. Going to tanning beds is harmful and thankfully going out of style. Here are some helpful tips on preparation and applying self-tanner:
- Exfoliate: Before applying self-tanner, exfoliate your skin to remove any dead skin cells. This will create a smooth canvas and ensure an even application. Focus on rough areas like elbows, knees, and ankles.
- Shave or Wax: If you need to remove hair from the area you plan to tan, do so before applying the self-tanner. This will prevent the tan from settling into open pores or hair follicles.
- Moisturize Dry Areas: Apply a light moisturizer to areas that are typically drier, such as knees, elbows, and ankles. This will prevent the self-tanner from being absorbed too quickly and causing dark patches.
- Use a Tanning Mitt or Gloves: To avoid staining your hands, wear a tanning mitt or disposable gloves while applying the self-tanner. This will help ensure a more even distribution and prevent streaks.
- Start from the Bottom: Begin applying the self-tanner from your feet and work your way up. This way, you’ll avoid creases and smudges that may occur if you bend over after applying the product to your upper body.
- Apply in Sections: Divide your body into sections (legs, arms, torso, etc.) and apply the self-tanner to each section before moving on to the next. This will help you maintain control over the application and prevent uneven patches.
- Blend Thoroughly: Take your time to blend the self-tanner into your skin thoroughly. Use circular motions to ensure an even and natural-looking tan.
- Be Cautious Around Joints: When applying self-tanner to joints like knees and elbows, bend them slightly during application to avoid creasing.
- Use a Lighter Touch on Hands and Feet: To achieve a natural look, use a lighter touch when applying self-tanner to your hands and feet. Dilute the self-tanner with a bit of moisturizer for these areas or wipe them gently with a damp cloth after applying to blend.
- Allow Time to Dry: After applying the self-tanner, wait for at least 10-15 minutes before dressing to avoid smudging the tan. Wear loose, dark clothing during this time to prevent any potential stains.
- Wash Your Hands: After applying the self-tanner, wash your hands thoroughly to remove any residue. Pay attention to the areas between your fingers and under your nails.
- Maintain Your Tan: To make your tan last longer, moisturize daily and avoid excessive exfoliation. Also, consider using gradual tanning lotions to touch up your tan as it starts to fade.
Remember that practice makes perfect, and the more you apply self-tanner, the better you’ll become at achieving a natural-looking tan. If you make a mistake or the color is too dark, don’t worry; self-tanner can often be corrected or adjusted with a bit of exfoliation.
Shop Related Products:
- The Best Sunscreen For Dry Skin – Top Picks
- Belif Skincare Review: Herbal Traditions With Modern Technology