How To Make Bleached Hair Soft And Silky
They say blondes have more fun, but do they know the maintenance that goes behind being a bleach blonde? If you’re wondering how to make bleached hair soft and silky, you’re probably tired of your bleached hair feeling dry, brittle, and lifeless.
The best thing to do for your hair- besides not bleaching it- is to make sure it is conditioned and receiving the right nutrients. You may not be able to escape the damage that comes with bleaching your hair but don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with some tips and tricks on how to make your bleached hair soft and silky again.
Natural Home Remedies for Soft and Silky Hair
Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that can help restore moisture to your bleached hair. Apply a generous amount of coconut oil to your hair, making sure to cover all of it. Leave it in for at least an hour, or even overnight if possible, and then rinse it out with cool water.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can help balance the pH level of your hair, which can make it smoother and more manageable. Mix equal parts apple cider vinegar and water in a spray bottle and spritz it on your hair after shampooing. Leave it in for a few minutes and then rinse it out.
Avocado is rich in natural oils and vitamins that can help nourish and hydrate your hair.
Mash up an avocado and apply it to your hair, focusing on the ends. Leave it in for 30 minutes and then rinse it out with cool water.
Honey is a natural humectant, which means it can help lock in moisture and prevent dryness. Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and apply the mixture to your hair. Leave it in for 30 minutes and then rinse it out with cool water.
Aloe vera contains enzymes that can help repair and strengthen your hair. Apply fresh aloe vera gel to your hair, focusing on the ends. Leave it in for 30 minutes and then rinse it out with cool water.
Yogurt is rich in proteins and lactic acid, which can help strengthen and hydrate your hair. Mix half a cup of plain yogurt with a tablespoon of honey and apply the mixture to your hair. Leave it in for 30 minutes and then rinse it out with cool water.
Eggs are packed with proteins and vitamins that can help nourish and strengthen your hair. Beat 2 eggs and apply the mixture to your hair. Leave it in for 30 minutes and then rinse it out with cool water.
Bananas are rich in natural oils and vitamins that can help hydrate and soften your hair. Mash up a ripe banana and apply it to your hair. Leave it in for 30 minutes and then rinse it out with cool water.
Hot Oil Mask
A hot oil mask is a great way to nourish and hydrate your hair, especially if it’s been damaged by bleaching or other chemical treatments. Heat up a carrier oil like olive oil, grapeseed oil, or neem oil in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Spread cooled down oil on your scalp and length of your hair. Tie in a bun and let it sit for an hour before rinsing.
Best Products for Soft and Silky Hair
Using hair masks at home is a great way on how to make bleached hair soft and silky. Hair masks are easy to apply by yourself and are way cheaper than getting a professional hair treatment at a salon. You can find a variety of hair masks at your local drugstore or online, and many of them are formulated specifically for chemically damaged, over-processed, bleached hair.
Moroccanoil Restorative Hair Mask is a highly rated, moisturizing hair mask specifically made to restore color treated and heat damaged hair. It’s formula is infused with argan oil and shea butter, which can help restore your hair’s strength and elasticity. Chemically treated hair will be left feeling softer and healthier, and the smell is amazing too.
Living Proof Restore Repair Mask can help solve your problems if you need to know how to make bleached hair soft and silky. It has a reparative formula made to hydrate and repair damaged hair from over-processing. Free from parabens and harsh chemicals, this hair mask nourishes and replenishes strands for softer, shinier, and healthier-looking hair.
Vitamins Keratin Hair Mask Deep Conditioner uses keratin collagen, biotin, castor oil complex, Moroccan argan oil, and coconut oil to help deep condition and restore hair damaged from bleaching and heat. It works great for strengthening and returning moisture to dry, brittle hair. One of the top rated restorative hair masks made with all natural ingredients that will leave you with frizz-free, silky hair.
Arvazallia Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask is made to instantly improve the texture of your hair, leaving it soft, silky, and easier to manage. Its formula is made of the highest grade argan oil and is rich in essential vitamins and nutrients. It’s also free of sulfates, parabens, and harsh chemicals. See improved softness and shine just after one use. Great for color treated, permed, and curly hair.
Coco & Eve Like a Virgin Hair Masque is a popular social media favorite. This coconut and fig hair mask uses shea butter and argon oil to help restore dry, chemically damaged hair. Its 5-in-1 formula hydrates, conditions, improves hair texture and shine, treats split ends, and tames frizz in just 10 minutes. This mask contains only vegan ingredients and is free from sulates, parabens, and harsh chemicals.
Additional Tips On How To Make Bleached Hair Soft and Silky
In addition to these home remedies and products, there are a few other tips you can follow to keep your bleached hair looking and feeling soft and silky:
- Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner that are specifically formulated for bleached hair – Look for sulfate-free products that contain moisturizing ingredients like coconut oil, shea butter, and argan oil. A deep conditioning treatment once a week can help to restore moisture and prevent further damage.
- Avoid using heat styling tools as much as possible – Heat can further damage your already fragile bleached hair. If you must use a blow dryer or flat iron, use a heat protectant spray first and keep the heat on a low setting.
- Limit your exposure to the sun and chlorine – Both can cause your bleached hair to become dry and brittle. If you’re going to be spending time in the sun or swimming in a pool, wear a hat or use a leave-in conditioner to protect your hair.
- Sleep with a bonnet – If you tend to toss and turn in your sleep, your already sensitive hair may become more damaged from the friction and bending of your hair rubbing against your pillow. Sleeping with your hair wrapped in a bonnet can help minimize movement as well as lock in moisture.
- Avoid over-washing your hair – Bleached hair can be quite fragile, and over-washing it can cause further damage, resulting in dryness, breakage, and split ends. Over-washing can strip the hair of its natural oils, which help to keep it moisturized and healthy. It is recommended to wash bleached hair no more than 2-3 times a week
- Is Pantene Good For Your Hair? What Are The Best Shampoos
- Hair Stencils and Hair Tattoos: A Futuristic Hair Trend