Yes To Coconut Oil on Tattoo As a Natural Moisturizer
Is it okay to put coconut oil on a tattoo that’s healing? One natural remedy that has gained a lot of attention recently, and not just for tattoos, is coconut oil. But is it okay to put coconut oil on a tattoo and will it speed up the healing process?
Can You Put Coconut Oil On Tattoos?
Coconut oil is an all natural oil that is extracted from the meat of mature coconuts. It has been used for centuries throughout many cultures for its ultimate health and beauty benefits. Coconut oil is a great, natural source of healthy fats and can be used for cooking, skincare, oral care, and hair care.
Coconut Oil On A Tattoo
Yes, it is absolutely okay to put coconut oil on a tattoo and it will help with the healing process. Many people have used coconut oil on their tattoos as a natural moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated and prevent it from becoming dry and itchy.
Coconut oil has natural properties that will help soothe and heal the skin, especially during the flaking and scabbing period, by reducing inflammation and promoting collagen production. It contains medium-chain fatty acids that can penetrate deep into the skin, providing nourishment and hydration.
Coconut oil is also a natural antibacterial and disinfectant which can help your tattoo from becoming infected. Some people also believe that coconut oil can help preserve the color of the tattoo during the healing process.
How Soon Can I Put Coconut Oil On My Tattoo?
After you get a tattoo, it is considered an open-wound for about the first week. This will be the most painful stage where any pus, bleeding, and swelling will occur. After a week the tattoo should be dry and scabbing over (although it will take about 4 months to fully heal).
It’s advised to wait until the open wound stage is over before applying coconut oil or any moisturizer–this should normally take anywhere between 3-6 days. Once the tattoo is dry, itchy, and well on its way to healing, then you can start using coconut oil.
Will Coconut Oil Make A Tattoo Heal Faster?
Coconut oil can help promote healthy skin and speed up the healing process by keeping the skin hydrated and reducing inflammation. It has natural healing properties for the body, so it’s only safe to assume it can help speed up the healing process of a tattoo since essentially a tattoo is an open wound.
The healing process depends on various factors though such as the size and location of the tattoo, your overall health, and how well you take care of the tattoo.
How To Put Coconut Oil On A Tattoo
- Wash your hands: Before applying coconut oil on your tattoo, you should always wash your hands thoroughly to avoid introducing any bacteria or germs onto your tattoo.
- Apply a small amount of coconut oil: Take a small amount of coconut oil and gently apply it to your tattoo in a thin layer. You can spray or dab on a small amount, just make sure you cover the entire tattooed area and a bit of the area outlining it.
- Rub in the oil gently: Using a circular motion, gently massage the coconut oil into your tattoo. This will help the oil absorb into your skin and provide moisture and nourishment to the tattooed area.
- Keep Tattoo Uncovered: There is no need to wrap up the tattoo after the first few days. Once you pass the open wound stage, it’s best to let the tattoo breathe. Leave the coconut oil on, uncovered, and go about your day. No need to wash it off.
- Repeat as needed: You can apply coconut oil to your tattoo as often as you like, but most people find that 2-3 times per day is sufficient. During the healing process, it’s best to moisturize your new tattoo at minimum once a day for at least 10-15 days.
Best Coconut Oil For Tattoos
When it comes to choosing the best coconut oil for your tattoo, it is important to look for a high-quality, organic, unrefined coconut oil. This type of coconut oil is free from harmful chemicals and additives and retains all of its natural nutrients and benefits.
Nutiva Organic Liquid Fractionated Coconut Oil is made from organic coconuts from farms in the Philippines and is non-GMO, ensuring that you are using a pure and high-quality product. The liquid form of the oil makes it easy to use, and it can be used for cooking, as a carrier oil for essential oils, and as a moisturizer for skin, especially great for wounds in the healing process.
Island Fresh Superior Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is cold-pressed and unrefined, which means that it retains its natural aroma and flavor. Additionally, its natural properties make it an excellent moisturizer for skin and hair, providing hydration and nourishment to dry and damaged hair and skin.
Coconut Country Living’s Extra Virgin Coconut Oil can be incredibly beneficial for the skin due to its natural moisturizing properties. The oil is rich in fatty acids that help to hydrate and nourish the skin and its anti-inflammatory properties can also help to soothe skin irritation and inflammation, great for coconut oil on tattoo.
Parachute Natural Unrefined Coconut Oil is a pure, organic and chemical-free product that offers numerous benefits for your skin. This premium quality oil is extracted from fresh coconuts without any harsh chemicals or preservatives. It is rich in healthy saturated fats and essential nutrients that nourish and moisturize the skin, making it smooth, soft and supple.
Conscious Coconut Coconut Oil is a premium quality, unrefined coconut oil that provides a range of benefits for hair, skin, and nails. This organic, cold-pressed coconut oil is extracted from fresh coconuts, ensuring that it is free from chemicals and additives. It has a natural scent and smooth texture that makes it easy to apply to hair and skin.
- The Top 10 Ways Buttermilk Benefits Your Skin
- Bubble Moisturizer Review: Do The Power Of Bubbles Work?